You have heard it mentioned, here are the details…..
All California employers with 5 (yes FIVE) employees must provide 2 hours of sexual harassment and abusive conduct prevention training to supervisory employees AND 1 hour of training to all employees on the same topics. Here are some considerations:
- Employee count includes; full-time, part-time and temporary employees
- Employees do not need to work at the same location or live or work in California
- Training must be completed between January 1, 2019, and December 31, 2019
- If training was completed in 2018, it must be done again this year
- Training must be completed once every two years for all retained staff, next training year will be 2021
- Temporary staff must receive the training in their first 30 days or 100 hours, whichever is sooner
- Training must be provided (paid for) by the employer during work (paid) time
Contact Elmore HR to schedule your training sessions.