When might it be necessary for you to compensate a non-exempt employee for commute or travel time? Avoid risk and liability with these considerations to pay for time appropriately…
– Travel or commute beyond the employee’s normal commute, such as a special errand
at the employer’s request;
– Employee to report to a distant work site, different from the regular work site;
– Employee is expected to use their personal vehicle to perform duties during the workday;
– In the event that air travel is required;
– When employee attendance is required, you must pay for their attendance
(i.e. conference, seminar, training, etc.)
It is important to abide by your industry’s Wage Order.
Reach out to us if you need help navigating or applying Commute Time or Travel Time.