The Latest Federal Rule On Overtime For Employees in Sacramento, CA: It’s almost here…$47,476.00
The federal Final Rule on overtime is effective December 1, 2016, are you ready? If you are not sure, stop reading and contact Elmore HR Consulting now, time is running out. The federal Final Rule on overtime requires a new wage base for any position to be classified as exempt.
Historically, California regulations have exceeded the federal wage base, this will not be the case as of December 1, 2016. The wage base the final rule mandates $913.00 per week equating to $47,476.00 per year.
All positions in all states must be evaluated against the new federal rule AND state requirements.
As with most employment regulations, employers must comply with the law or component(s) of the law which is most advantageous to the employee.
For example; in California, we will need to be certain that all exempt positions meet the federal minimum wage base for exempt status; however, the California exempt duties test must be satisfied as it is more stringent than the federal duties test. Although there have been attempts to halt this requirement, it is not anticipated that it will be delayed. Employers must be prepared. Give the gift of HR support this holiday season!!
Ties and Professional Wear Needed
The Folsom Cordova Community Partnership provides many services to individuals and families in the Rancho Cordova, Folsom and surrounding areas of Sacramento County. They are in need of professional clothing for their employment program, especially men’s professional wear and ties.
They also take donations in the form of general clothing, diapers, children’s books, monetary and your time. If you have something to donate, contact Elmore HR Consulting, we will be happy to pick up or visit www.thefccp.org.
Celebrate good times!
It is that time of year, holidays, vacations, good cheer and possibly time to host a company holiday event.
- Call it a holiday party or an annual event
- Avoid or limit access to alcohol
- Make it voluntary
- Inviting spouses, don’t forget singles; allow guests
- Communicate with staff
- Consider: what do employees really want?
- If any insurance premium deductions will change, be certain to have employees sign a new deduction authorization form to allow updated deductions from payroll.
- Affordable Care Act reporting forms; 1095-B and 1095-C, are due to employees by January 31, 2017. Employers with 50 or more full-time equivalent employees and employers of any size, if self-insured, must file.
- January 1, 2016; California minimum wage increases to $10.50 per hour for employers with 26 or more employees. Several cities in California have higher minimum wage requirements.
- The wage base required in 2017 for the Computer Professional exemption is; $42.35 per hour, $7,352.62 per month, $88,231.36 annually.
- The end of the year is a great time to have employees update their data on file; address, phone and emergency contacts.
Elmore HR Consulting Is Here To Help!
Contact us for a free evaluation for HR services and support so you can get back to the things you are passionate about in your business. Elmore HR Consulting 2795 E. Bidwell #100-148 Folsom, CA 95630 916-337-9121 | www.elmorehr.com