Action Needed & Reminders For Sacramento Employers: A Look At Current California Employment Regulations
HR Action Needed:
- W-2 forms must be distributed and filed by January 31, 2017.
- Provide the required EITC notice within a week of distributing the W-2 and 1099 forms. The EITC notice must be hand-delivered or mailed to each recipient of a W-2 or 1099 and was updated with new required language this year.
- The updated form I-9 must be used beginning January 22, 2017.
- Update your new hire packages to include the 2017 W-4 and updated form I-9.
- 2017 IRS business mileage rate is $0.535 per mile, down from last year.
- Begin to prepare the OSHA 300A for posting February 1, if applicable.
Frustrated with California employment regulations?
Your feelings are validated. California was ranked the #2 “Judicial Hellhole” in the Nation by the American Tort Reform Foundation. Check it out here.
Do you use the client access page?
The client access page has many useful HR forms and documents as well as links and reminders for Elmore HR Consulting clients. To access, visit www.elmorehr.com and select the Client Access tab.
Forgot your password or never set it up? Let us know, we can reset your access so you can utilize this helpful resource.
It’s Flu season; remember the use of available Sick Leave and/or PTO is protected when used for reasons identified in the regulations.
Elmore HR Consulting Is Here To Help!
Contact us for a free evaluation for HR services and support so you can get back to the things you are passionate about in your business.